Just trying to find a creative way to market myself and my mad skills. Thanks for reading me.
Information Technology Professional
MCSA/MCSE Windows 2003 Security ~ Security Plus ~ Network Security ~ Server ~ Information Assurance Management ~ and Desktop Support
Experienced Information Technology Specialist with a diverse background in Network Infrastructure and Desktop Systems. Demonstrated expertise in help-desk support, desktop management, and network security. Proven abilities in project management, team development, planning and strategy of business IT goals. Tenacious problem solver continuously seeking effective solutions to complex problems; excellent troubleshooting skills in both computer and software platforms as well as networking architecture.
• Information Technology • Active Directory • Hardware Maintenance
• Internet Technology • Windows Server 2003 • Software Maintenance
• Client/Server Technology • Desktop Support • Quality Assurance
• Networking • Help Desk Support • Project Management
120th Infantry Brigade, TX
Information Technology Officer 2007 – Present
• Developed strong skills in LAN/WAN architecture, TCP/IP, PKI/CAC encryption, NTFS permissions, Group Policies, Active Directory, Remedy Ticket Service Database, Remote Desktop, Computer Imaging, troubleshooting Windows XP and Vista Operating Systems, and Secure and Non-Secure Video Tele-Conference systems.
• Obtained two Systems Administrators (SA) accounts (Information Assurance Technical Level II, IAT II) while working on two separate domains of two internal networks, Continental United States (CONUS) and United States Army Reserves (USAR) and served as a Systems Administrator on the networked server.
• Provided Help Desk Customer Support through information and assistance to customers in network administration roles; to include a multi-component organization consisting of 700 personnel and located in four different states.
• Provided maintenance while diagnosing, troubleshooting, and resolving complex software and network issues on both domains for 700 government computers and users, 5 digital senders, 20 network printers and scanners, 10 facsimile machines, installing, configuring, resolving, and maintaining all non secure and secure network hardware and programs.
• Utilized Fort Hood Network Enterprise Center (NEC) ticket service to create and repair desktop systems and user accounts along with Virtual Private Network (VPN), Desktop Manager, and Blackberry accounts.
• Accounted for the brigade COMSEC vault and inventory of all secure and non-secure items and assisted in the annual auditing, reviews and inspections. Researched and ordered Information Assurance, COMSEC, and Blackberry (phone) equipment to ensure mission success. Retained a great deal of knowledge of systems, procedures, and methods, and always used appropriate security measures.
• Served as the Brigade wireless and hard land line Telephone Control Officer (TCO), managing 300 wireless cell phones, 100 Blackberry mobile devices, and installs, blueprints and maintenance on 700 land line ports.
75th Division, TX
Information Technology NCO 2005 – 2007
• Set up, analyzed, developed and maintained secured and unsecured networks by configuring specifications for local or wide area network (LAN/WAN) architecture, connectivity, and switch requirements to enable Internet/intranet communications.
• Configured static IP settings, Windows Internet Name Service (WINS) and Domain Name System (DNS) to meet Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) requirements. Maintained and configured Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and Public Key Infrastructure/Common Access Card (PKI/CAC) encryption settings, and CAC card best practices to administer and secure access permissions while verifying resource availability.
• Authorized user, group and computer network accounts, provide access rights to computer systems, shared drives and devices using Active Directory (AD) Services and New Technology File System (NTFS) security ensuring appropriate use of information resources and initiated corrective actions to resolve any noncompliance issues.
• Utilized performance monitoring software and best practices to enhancing computer systems and infrastructure performance to optimized workload capacity. Managed and maintained Windows Server 2003 file and print services on file and backup servers.
• Polished services to peak performance and utilized user disk-space quota assignment to provide sufficient disk space storage to satisfy requirements.
• Developed and implemented data backup and mass storage utilization, including data security and recovery procedures; advise leadership of data recovery plans. Published standard IT resolution methods, modifications, and procedures for IT team.
2/382nd Regiment, TX
Senior Signal Support Systems Specialist 2003 – 2005
• Installed, maintained, and configured signal support systems to include and terminal devices to include, radios, wires, and battle field automated systems, while providing technical assistance, to customers. Disseminated information services policy.
Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies, Columbia College, Columbia, Missouri, 2007
GPA: 3.8 Semester Hours: 130 Hours
Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA), Central Texas Community College
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), Central Texas Community College
Security Plus, Central Texas Community College